Date(s) - 02/21/2017
9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Categories No Categories
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS will be held on
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21st, 2017*
*NOTE NEW DATE – DISREGARD DATE IN THE 2017 CALENDAR BOOK
at 9:00 am & 7:00 pm at the MPSO Hall – 2900 West Forest Home Avenue
Also, prior to the night meeting; Beginning promptly at 5:00pm, there will be a presentation on MPSO retirement and your pension.
All MPSO members, no matter how far from retirement, are encouraged to attend this session to ensure you are fully aware and informed of your pension & retirement benefits and the retirement process. Those members with twenty (20) or more years of service are strongly advised to attend.
Issues that will be presented will include, but are not limited to:
- What is the retirement process? Who do I talk to? When? What do I need to be eligible for retirement?
- How does the Global Pension Settlement affect me? What does it include? How are those benefits calculated?
- What are my survivorship options? Who can I select? How much will it cost?
- What are my Health Ins benefits in retirement? How much will Health Insurance cost me down the road?
- What other benefits have I earned? How do I make sure I receive all the benefits that I earned?
- Accumulated leave? What is it? How do I earn it? Is it better for me to run-it-out or take a buy-out?
- What is Terminal Leave? How much am I eligible for? What can I do with it?
- What Life Insurance can I purchase, what is appropriate? What are my options?
- What are the parameters and limits for Deferred Comp and other tax deferred deposits at retirement?
The decisions you make at retirement, along with how prepared and knowledgeable you are as you approach making those decisions, will affect your and your family’s financial situation for the rest of your lives.