an MPSO PENSION BENEFIT PRESENTATION
will be held on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd, 2021 beginning promptly at 4:30 pm
* * in order to allow for COVID mandates (social distancing, etc), these meetings will be held at the H.A. Todd American Legion Post – 9159 West Beloit Rd. Milwaukee, WI 53227
The Presentation and Question/Answer will last approximately 2 hours.
All MPSO members (only) are invited and encouraged to attend to ensure you are fully aware, informed, and prepared well in advance, to make the necessary decisions regarding your retirement and pension benefits.
* Those members with twenty (20) or more years of service are seriously advised to attend.
Issues that will be presented will include, but are not limited to:
- What is the retirement process? Who do I talk to? When? What do I need to be eligible for retirement?
- How does the Global Pension Settlement affect me? What does it include? How are those benefits calculated?
- What are my survivorship options? Who can I select? How much will it cost?
- What are my Health Ins benefits in retirement? How much will Health Insurance cost me down the road?
- What other benefits have I earned? How do I make sure I receive all the benefits that I earned?
- Accumulated leave? What is it? How do I earn it? Is it better for me to run-it-out or take a buy-out?
- What is Terminal Leave? How much am I eligible for? What can I do with it?
- What Life Insurance can I purchase, what is appropriate? What are my options?
- What are the parameters and limits for Deferred Comp and other tax-deferred deposits at retirement?
- The decisions you make at retirement, along with how prepared and knowledgeable you are as you approach making those decisions, will affect your and your family’s financial situation for the rest of your lives.