MPSO PENSION BENEFIT PRESENTATIONS will be held
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6th, 2019 at 9:00 am & 6:00 pm
at the MPSO Hall – 2900 West Forest Home Avenue
MPSO members (only) are encouraged to attend either session (each will be the same) to ensure you are fully aware and informed to make good decisions and are prepared, well in advance regarding your pension and retirement benefits. * Those members with twenty (20) or more years of service are seriously advised to attend.
Issues that will be presented will include, but are not limited to:
- What is the retirement process? Who do I talk to? When? What do I need to be eligible for retirement?
- How does the Global Pension Settlement affect me? What does it include? How are those benefits calculated?
- What are my survivorship options? Who can I select? How much will it cost?
- What are my Health Ins benefits in retirement? How much will Health Insurance cost me down the road?
- What other benefits have I earned? How do I make sure I receive all the benefits that I earned?
- How does City Ordinance Chapter 36 operate and what effects could that have on my pension benefits?
- Accumulated leave? What is it? How do I earn it? Is it better for me to run-it-out or take a buy-out?
- What is Terminal Leave? How much am I eligible for? What can I do with it?
- What Life Insurance can I purchase, what is appropriate? What are my options?
- What are the parameters and limits for Deferred Comp and other tax deferred deposits at retirement?
- The decisions you make at retirement, along with how prepared and knowledgeable you are as you approach making those decisions, will affect your and your family’s financial situation for the rest of your lives.