Job Title:Security Guard
FLSA status:part-time, hourly
MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL
Assist the security director, security team, and administration in maintaining a safe and secure environment for students, employees and guests, in accordance with prescribed procedures and practices to make for an efficient operation in achieving MUHS' mission. This position also will act as an ambassador for the school as a member of the MUHS community and Near West Side community.
- Monitor and authorize entrance of students, employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security of premises.
- Patrol school building and property to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, students and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Respond to medical emergencies and alert the proper response team (dean of students, paramedics or ambulance)
- Answer telephone calls or in-person inquiries and take messages, answer questions, or provide information during non-school hours when necessary.
- Operate camera system to monitor areas of building and campus.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous law enforcement experience is desired.
- A valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
Supervision Received: Position is supervised by the Security Director
Position requires frequent contact and communication with others, walking, driving, bending and lifting, as well as the use of computers and various monitors. It involves working nights and/or weekends, including special events and athletic events indoors and outdoors.
This description documents the general nature and level of responsibility associated with this position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of incumbents. It is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and monitor the work of employees under supervision.
How to apply: If you are interested, please send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Liz Merwin, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org